Nominees for 2011 TechPoint Mira Awards Program Dominated by Newcomers and Startups
More than half of the companies, schools and individuals competing for the state’s top technology honors are first-time nominees
INDIANAPOLIS (March 18, 2011) — TechPoint, a statewide initiative to grow the technology sector, has announced the nominees for its 12th annual Mira Awards presented by BKD CPAs & Advisors. More than half of this year’s nominees are startups and newcomers who are participating in the awards program for the first time.
TechPoint Mira Awards recognize excellence and achievement of Indiana’s outstanding technology industry performers and contributors, and focuses attention on the broader issue of the important role technology plays in Indiana’s economy.
Independent Mira Awards judges evaluate and score each submitted nomination, and the scoring determines which nominees become finalists. Finalists will be announced next week. Mira Award finalists will deliver presentations and answer questions in person to one of five panels of judges.
The 2011 Mira Award winners will be announced at an “Oscars-style” award ceremony being held Saturday, May 7, at the new JW Marriott Indianapolis. TechPoint will again honor past Mira Award winners and finalists attending the ceremony with a special “Winner’s Circle” VIP reception. Visit http://www.techpoint.org/mira for more information about the activities and special features of the 2011 Mira Awards Gala.
The nominees for the 2011 TechPoint Mira Awards presented by BKD are as follows. The “gazelle” designation indicates that a company has been in business less than three years in the IT category or five years in the life sciences category:
- TechPoint Young Professional of the Year Award
- Rachel Modiano
- Chris Taylor
- Janneane Blevins
- Matt Hunckler
- Kyle Lacy
- Deanna Finney
- Neil Mylet
- LeAnne Hester
- Yaw Aning
- Mike Langellier
- Clean Technology/Energy Innovation
- AlGalCo LLC
- Hoosier Energy REC, Inc.
- Xylogenics, Inc.
- EnerGenuity, LLC
- TechPoint Innovation of the Year Award
- Relation Automation System for Auto Dealerships
- Advanced Manufacturing & Logistics Company
- Vela Gear Systems
- Integrated Distribution Services
- Health & Life Science Company
- Onsite Occupational Health & Safety, Inc.
- AMD Lasers, LLC.
- Nanovis, LLC
- Health & Life Science Gazelle
- I-DENTI-FIED, Inc.
- Freedom One Mobility
- Health Care Information Technology (HIT)
- CoreTech Revolution
- Strategic Healthcare Group LLC
- PolicyStat LLC
- Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
- Progeny Software, LLC
- MedeoLinx, LLC
- Educational Contribution to Technology — Department/Program/Team
- Rose-Hulman Ventures
- Orbis Education and the Marian University Department of Science
- National Center for College Costs
- Center for Business and Economic Research, Ball State University
- Indiana University Department of Knowledge Informatics and Translation
- Information Technology at Purdue/Informatics
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program - Purdue University
- Indiana University UITS Student IT Ambassadors
- Indiana Aspirations in Computing
- Surprising Possibilities Imagined and Realized Through Information Technology (SPIRIT)
- Anderson University Software Research Center
- Educational Contribution to Technology — Individual
- Brian Tanner
- Vinayak Tanksale
- Excellence in Corporate Information Technology
- Harrison College
- WebLink International
- Ontario Systems, LLC
- Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS
- Information Technology Company
- Communications Products, Inc.
- Slingshot SEO
- Hogan Consulting Group
- IT Solutions, Inc
- Archway Technology Partners
- digitalKnowledge Inc
- RICS Software
- T2 Systems, Inc.
- Fusion Alliance
- Gauge Telematics
- Scale Computing
- Information Technology Company Gazelle
- Secure FTP Hosting, LLC. DBA: SmartFile
- TinderBox LLC
- Modern Information Solutions, LLC
- BidPal Network, LLC
- New Media Excellence and Innovation
- Scotty's Brewhouse
- The Basement Design + Motion, LLC
- Invisions Technical Arts LLC
- Squish Designs, LLC
- Boost Media Entertainment / MyStationApp
- Anacore, Inc
- One Click Ventures
Visit http://www.techpoint.org/mira for more information about the 2011 TechPoint Mira Awards presented by BKD.
BKD, LLP, (www.bkd.com) the 10th largest CPA and advisory firm in the U.S., helps people and businesses realize their goals. Our more than 2,000 dedicated professionals offer solutions to clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer clients a variety of services in accounting, audit and assurance, tax, risk management, technology, corporate finance, forensic and valuation services and wealth management. We combine the insight and ideas of multiple disciplines to provide solutions to a wide range of industries, including financial services, not-for-profit, manufacturing, distribution, health care, construction and real estate.
BKD is based in 32 offices within 12 states in the central United States. Praxity, AISBL, a global alliance of independent firms, enhances BKD's ability to serve the dynamic needs of multinational clients. PraxityTM is your gateway to tax, assurance and consulting services delivered by alliance firms committed to the highest standards required in international business.
TechPoint is Indiana’s statewide technology initiative focused on growing Indiana’s tech sector by promoting the successes of technology companies and professionals; supporting the formation, expansion, and attraction of technology companies; and advocating appropriate public policy. For more information, please visit www.techpoint.org.